Nordic Digital Health Evaluation Criteria (NordDEC)
Make sure your digital health product meets evaluation requirements across Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Sweden and Norway
The ORCHA NordDEC assessment will quickly and accurately assess your digital health product against the required standards in all four main domains required: usability and accessibility, professional and clinical assurance, security and technical stability, and data and privacy.
Following your assessment:
- If you pass all four domains, you will get a NordDEC certified badge, that you can display online, and to appear in the central Nordic Data Directory.
- If your product does not yet meet the criteria, you will receive a confidential report detailing improvement recommendations.
Increase your credibility
With continuous compliance against more rigorous digital health product standards and regulations
Support 27 million+ people
Reach and support up to 27 million people with your digital health product across the Nordics
Be part of a world-leading initiative
Be part of the world-leading initiative in international digital health supply
Grow your reach globally
Get your product assessed against the NordDEC
The NordDEC assessment is available as part of the ORCHA level two annual subscription. This includes a range of benefits, including:
- A NordDEC reassessment every time you update your digital health product, to ensure your compliance is always up to date.
- Two competitor benchmark reports, giving you unique insight into your competitive standing.
- Start your product assessment within 10 working days of the signed contract.
What is the Nordic Digital Health Evaluation Criteria (NordDEC)?
The Nordic Digital Health Evaluation Criteria (NordDEC) is an assessment that checks if your digital health product, or health app, meets the requirements of 500 criteria. These are 500 questions that we answer to score your digital health product against four main domains: usability and accessibility, professional and clinical assurance, security and technical stability, and data and privacy.
You need to pass the NordDEC to be surfaced on to the Nordic Data Formulary which will be used by health systems across Sweden, Iceland, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
After passing the assessment your digital health product will also surface on our ORCHA Health App Library, Digital Health Formulary, and Digital Health Toolkits, which we develop for health and care organisations to access digital health products.
How can I assess my digital health product against the NordDEC?
We can assess your digital health product, or health app, against the NordDEC as part of our annual assessment subscription service.
How much does a NordDEC assessment cost?
Please contact us through our free online contact form to see what our current offers are and speak to our team for next steps.
Digital Health Accreditation in the Nordics
“We found that ORCHA seemed to be the leading organisation for quality assurance of digital health, and since we have quite an ambitious goal [with our 2030 vision for the Nordic countries], we saw it as better to then join forces with ORCHA and build upon the knowledge and the solutions that they already had.”
– Anders Tunold-Hanssen, CEO and Project Manager of the Nordic Interoperability Project (N!P)