Health and care apps, or digital health products, need to be tested (assessed) to make sure they will be safe for you to use.
There are many questions that we need to answer about an app before they can safely be recommended to you by your health or care provider. These questions include:
- What is the app made for?
- Will this app work for your health or care needs?
- Who can use it and how easy is it to use?
- Will my private information (data) be safe?
- Who made the app and can we trust their research?
- Can my doctor or care provider see what I am doing on the app so they can support me while I use it?
It’s important to ask these questions, and many more, to find out as much as we can about a health or care app. This is because using a health or care app can affect your health and we want your experience to be as safe as possible.