You can only find apps in the App Library if they have passed a test (assessment) carried out by ORCHA. If the app you are looking for isn’t in the App Library, it might be because the app:
- Has not been updated for more than one year
- Is waiting to be tested (assessed) by ORCHA
- Has already been tested, but it needs to be improved before we can add it to the App Library
- Has been discontinued, so you cannot download it from the Apply App Store or the Google Play Store or access it online through a website
- Has released a new version under a new name
If you have been recommended an app by a friend, it may not be in the App Library. If your care provider or health organisation has recommended an app and you cannot find it, ask them to send you a text or email with a link to the app.
The App Library does not contain all the apps in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. It only contains apps which we have tested (assessed) at ORCHA to make sure they are safe for you to use.